Sekko Hamauzu, a Japanese calligrapher
Resident of Osaka Prefecture
Experience in calligraphy: from 1961–
Studied calligraphy under Harada Seison
Member of Nihon Shojukukai
Certified as an instructor at Nihon Shogeiin in 1972
3rd place at Japan-Portugal Friendship Art Exhibition (work owned by Japanese Embassy in Portugal)
managing director/juror of Nihon Shojukukai
She has been active in the world of Japanese calligraphy, produced many art-works, sit on jury at some exhibition and been a member of an executive board.
Examples of award-winning works:
- "Nonohana (Flowers of the field)" (Award of Minerva, 2005, EEA21)
- "Inochi (Life; birth and death)" (Queens Gallery recommendation prize, 2005, Japan-Thai Art Exhibition for Education in Asia)
- "Gi to Ai" (Award of Minerva, 2006)
- "Yamato damashii" (Special Mention of Jury, International Art Exchange Exhibition Kobe 2007) [Header image of this Website]
- "Taiyou (The Sun)" (Award of arts academy, WIAA, 2008).